Saturday, March 12, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

It is now that period of time when I cannot go to sleep, yet I know that I will "lose" an hour and have to get up early tomorrow.  It's a harbinger of spring.  Extended daylight in the evenings gives me more time to get things done, and I'm a doer.  Warm weather is around the corner.  Yesterday I wrote about preparations, and this is a time of preparation for outdoor activities.  At our house, we'll be painting the deck, planting flowers, mulching the flower beds, and giving the patio furniture a fresh coat of paint.  Our very bodies urge us to action following the downtime of winter.  Although my heart is nagged by sadness over recent life changes, I feel renewed at the prospects ahead.  It's called hope.  Where there is hope--that gift from God--there is a means to accomplish.  Earthly life goes on in the face of loss.  Just one step at a time will prevail.  Holding onto God's hand is how we get lifted out of despair and set aright again.  Blessings, and feel the renewal this third day of Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment